Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Canadian visit

Hi all,

Returned from overseas Tuesday and still a bit flat from jet-lag but in sorting through the numerous bits of paper and photographs from the trip to Canada I wanted to share a couple of links with you.

I happened upon an exhibition of prints by Canadian artist Sybil Andrews in Victoria and thought others might enjoy her work.
http://www.suite101.com/content/sybil-andrews-modernist-linocut-printmaker-a208443

also visited two of the artist run printmaking spaces at the Malaspina Printmakers Studio and Gallery www.malaspinaprintmakers.com and Dundarave Print Workshop www.dundaraveprintworkshop.ca. Unfortunately the summer period is pretty quiet in these studios so had to be content to view the great work in their gallery and wander through the studio spaces.

Numerous other galleries visited but not many exhibitions of original hand pulled prints.

Looking forward to getting time in my own studio now that I am refreshed and have heaps of photos of reference material to motivate me.

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Home. Sounds like you had a great trip. We will all be wanting to pick your brain when we see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Pam - I'd like like to see a 6 colour reduction linocut print of the Canadian Rockies, posted on this site by......... next Wednesday please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so would I John, so would I !!

    ReplyDelete